Zoom recently announced its latest release aimed at improving the overall meeting, webinar and chat experience for Zoom users.
Note: To access the below features you will need to update to the latest version of Zoom Client for Meetings.
Meetings & Webinars
- Video filters: You can apply video filters to alter the look of your video with colour grading, foreground and frame filters. Filters can be turned off in your web settings at any time.
- Touch Up My Appearance intensity: You now have the ability to adjust the level of skin smoothing applied with the Touch Up My Appearance feature.
- Improved lighting capabilities: You can adjust the brightness of your video automatically or manually using a slider in your video settings. This feature is especially useful in low-light environments.
- Enhanced background noise suppression: You can choose to have the background noise suppression applied by selecting low, medium, high or automatic background noise suppression.
- Improved Waiting Room notifications: The meeting host now receives more notifications about attendees entering the waiting room, including during screen sharing and when Zoom is minimized/hidden.
- Improved video and content sharing: There have been upgrades to video and content sharing to improve video quality, decrease bandwidth and CPU usage and improve text clarity.
- Additional meeting reactions: In addition to the clapping and thumbs up reactions you can now react with a heart, surprised face, laughing face or party emoji. Those receiving the reactions will also need to have the latest version of Zoom Client to see them.
- Security section when scheduling a meeting: To allow easier access Passcode and Waiting Room settings are displayed under the security section when scheduling a new meeting.
- Voice messages: You can now record and send voice messages to other users in a one-on-one chat or a channel.
Important: Starting September 27th Zoom will require all meetings to have a Passcode or a Waiting Room enabled for paid accounts. Zoom has set up a support page with a comprehensive FAQ document to provide users with more information about this change.